søndag den 2. juni 2013

How to Write Poetry?

I had a conversation with someone I talk a lot to on Facebook. We talked about what I want my next poetry collection to look like, what message I want it to send.
I ended up showing her a small part of a poem I am working on, it is so far from done, and it is not at all the way i want it to be. She asked me if she could come with an advise, and I said of cause, I love new input, but i hardly ever use them, but you can learn a lot from listening to others opinions. So she wrote how she would do it, and I kind of liked where she was going. But I would never use her idea, because I don´t want to write pink candyfloss poetry, there is way to much of roses are red anyway. There is nothing wrong with candyfloss poetry, it is just not for me ;)
her is the undone poem I showed her...

He slips her 100 for a taxi home
While he cut another
Checkmark in the bedpost
She turns out the red light
She dance with the pole
She believe she is an actress
But she is hardly madras



With the new stuff I am writing I want to show how I see the world. As a Danish rapper wrote in the beginning of one of his songs:



Jeg kunne synge dig de smukkeste
strofer, men behøver slet ikke / For
de lytter jo alligevel først når jeg
siger, smukke kvinder vil behandles
som pis



I could sing you the most beautiful
strophes, but do not need to / Because
they only listen when I
say, beautiful women want to be treated
like shit



L.O.C. - Liam O´Corner

To me this tiny part of a song, have a lot of meaning, in my opinion he is right. I could write a lot of beautiful poetry, but I don´t believe anyone would get my point at all. I have been writing beautiful stuff, and I learned it got misunderstood, and it is OK, since we all read things differently and gives it our own meaning, like I just did with Liam´s words here.


Sings In the Night

You sing in the night
The sweetest lullaby
You are the only one
Who can make me dance
Under the pale moon light
Death climbs the wall
Like flowers it hold on tight
We dance on the edge
With a gun in our mouth



I like to write a surreal. Something that provokes and can be slightly perverted, since I really wanna say, LOOK BEFORE IT IS TO LATE...


Forget the Future

Let us forget
What we did in the future
Come lay down beside me
Let us look at the sky
The brown sky
The sky the young ones
Tells their tales about
Tales from when they were old
Stories about a blue sky
Stars that shined so brightly
About green grass
Now the streets
Is covered in grey ashes
From all the wars
From the burning
The toxic rain falls
And the mist never seem to end
Like freaks we walk around
Let’s forget
What we did in the future
Lay down here in my arms
Let us talk about
What we want in the past



The Present

 The present spreads it´s legs for the future
And leaves the past behind
The blonde’s venomous lipstick
Leaves blood red rings
On phallus
Wet angels and lusting beast
Flutters from bed to bed
Spreading diseases
Careless
Never willing to take responsibility
Blame it on another they say
The present welcomes the future



While the past turns with a broken heart
When I read poetry I read: Michael Strunge, Edgar Allan Poe, L.O.C., Leonard Cohen etc...
I know I have a few musician on the list, but a song lyric is to me also poetry.
I guess what i am trying to say, it that I am not very good at sweet poetry, I want something with an edge, something that stands out from the rest. That really makes you think, I love outgoing lyrics/poetry that shows the way the author sees the world.
My mantra is: Those who think they are crazy enough to change the world, it the once that changes the world.

"Cyanide Sun"

Should've known how hard it is to stop tearing each other apart
Separating souls entwined with all these labyrinthine lies



I am dead to you, a shadow doomed
My love, forever in the dark
And of all untruths the truest is you
Too close to my heart



This emptiness I've made my home
Embracing memories of dreams long gone
One last caress from the corpse of love is all I want
Underneath the cyanide sun



We've sailed the seas of grief on a raft built with our tears
Looking for a way to disappear for a moment from our deepest fears



I'll be drowning you in this river of gloom
Forever in my heart



Ville Valo - HIM

And yes I just had to add a song by HIM, since Ville Valo is a damn brilliant poet, even though I from time to time, think his writings gets to sweet, but he have a way with words, that I just love.
The poetry collection I work on now, will be divided into small collections, all with their own little title, or this is how I think it will be now, but who knows how it ends? One thing I have learned by publishing my first collection Blue Lips/Acoustic Suicide, is that nothing will be as first planed, you just have to wait and see where it ends.
My working title on the new collection is: "Before it is too late" with the subtitles:

Flamboyant?
Arrogant?
Libertine?
Promiscuous?
Famous?
Neurotic?
Gothic?
Emotional?
Sentimental?
Infantile?



It will probably change along the way.
I want it to be, outgoing in your face, ugly, provoking, perverted and showing things as I see them.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar